Operations Program Manager (Asia based)
In the heart of Eindhoven, the Dutch capital of the high tech industry, Liquavista is working on electrowetting display technology. This revolutionary, novel display technology will change the way we interact with mobile devices.
Liquavista is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon, a Fortune 100 company founded in 1994 and headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Amazon is not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average job. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business. We’re looking for an exceptional professional with outstanding technical skills who has what it takes to make us the place for people to come to find anything they might want to buy online, with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
The Operations Program Manager plays a crucial role in the hardware development process to ensure successful fulfilment of product launches and the on-going support.
As an Operations Program Manager you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The position will be based in Asia but requires some initial period in Eindhoven to get familiar with the technology and the people and there will be frequent travel in Asia.
- Drives continuous improvement for the company.
- Delivers results on complex projects involving teams across the company.
- Work with stakeholders to define business requirements.
- Understand current system capabilities and limitations.
- Problem solving and explore solutions to current processes and systems.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to implementation.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor supply and fulfilment of products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Physical Science or related field.
- 7+ years of working experience in managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines.
- Experience in product definition having taken a product from concept to execution.
- Good understanding of flat panel display design and manufacture.
- Must be able to multi-task setting priorities in-line with business needs
- Must be self-motivated/self-directed
- Must be able to communicate in Chinese. A native speaker is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to influence others, facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, building relationships.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems.
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Excel, Access
- Project Management skills
- Experience in Display related field is highly desirable.
Liquavista, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here to apply for this position (you will be directed to the Amazon.com Career Website).