Process Quality Engineer
In the heart of Eindhoven, the Dutch capital of the high tech industry, Liquavista is working on electrowetting display technology. This revolutionary, novel display technology will change the way we interact with mobile devices.
Liquavista is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon, a Fortune 100 company founded in 1994 and headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Amazon is not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average job. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business. We’re looking for an exceptional professional with outstanding technical skills who has what it takes to make us the place for people to come to find anything they might want to buy online, with the opportunity to fulfil the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
The Process Quality Engineer supports the release of manufacturing processes and materials manufacturing the display devices developed by Liquavista. You will work simultaneously on multiple process release projects for equipment-, supplier- and material release.
He/she understands the customer requirements and can translate product specs to process capabilities and vice versa. Via risk analysis (PPA and FMEA) release activities are planned in the Advanced Quality Plan and Control Plan in consultation with the process development team.
The job holder is familiar with (expected) yield, failure modes, cosmetics requirements etc.
- Participates in gate reviews and milestone activities from the quality perspective and prepares go/no go decision.
- Supports the specs of materials and tooling.
- Responsible for driving (Customer) Complaint Handling. Highlights attention areas to the relevant functions and facilitates 8D problem solving and PCN handling.
- Manages the timely execution of release programs and tests (AQP) and coordinates outsourced measurements.
- Coaches and facilitates the project teams in the use of Quality tools as PPA/FMEA, 8D, Gauge R&R, Qmaps and control plans.
- Ensures effectiveness of corrective actions and manages related Quality System updates.
- Supports and executes internal audits and supplier quality audits.
- Liquavista Process Quality goalkeeper for partners.
This role requires someone who is a “hands-on” engineer with a quality background.
- Creates release programmes defining all measurements and tests for processes releases.
- Manages and performs appropriate tests on devices to determine performance
- Validates process specification in relation to product specification.
- Positive, constructive and helpful contribution to the release team.
- Supports release plans with statistical analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematical Science or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in quality and development preferably on display products.
- Professional Knowledge: Quality tools, quality risk assessment, statistics, measurement methodologies and Quality Standards.
- Experience with reliability testing.
- Skills: Proficient working knowledge of PC, office and engineering/quality management applications.
- Fluently in English, verbally and in writing.
- Willing to travel.
- Demonstrated interpersonal facilitation, coaching and influential skills.
- Proven leadership ability to drive improvements and handling claims.
Liquavista, part of Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here to apply for this position (you will be directed to the Amazon.com Career Website).