Product Development Manager
In the heart of Eindhoven, the Dutch capital of the high tech industry, Liquavista is working on electrowetting display technology. This revolutionary, novel display technology will change the way we interact with mobile devices.
Liquavista is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon, a Fortune 100 company founded in 1994 and headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Amazon is not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average job. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business. We’re looking for an exceptional professional with outstanding technical skills who has what it takes to make us the place for people to come to find anything they might want to buy online, with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History”.
As Product Development Manager, you will be responsible for managing people and project responsibilities to deliver leading-edge electrowetting display modules.
- Manage an interdisciplinary team of engineers to cover all aspects of the electrowetting display module design, prototyping and testing: optical, electrical and mechanical.
- Recruit and maintain/develop a world-class team.
- Lead specific product development activities and liaison with Program Management / MT on main project milestones, deliveries and resourcing.
- Work in close co-operation with the Operations department to align the electrowetting display cell manufacturing and module assembly activities.
- Interface with various internal Liquavista and Lab126 teams to ensure all contributing and depending project activities are completed to the highest standard.
- Collaborate with commodity management team to identify primary and secondary sources for all required display components and sub-assemblies.
- Develop team procedures to support the overall product development process; promote the creation of documentation in the form of specifications, test methods, BOM/BOTs, other M-CAD/E-CAD product documentation.
- Build processes to continuously improve performance and quality.
- Master’s degree in engineering, physics or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in display hardware development.
- Strong background in fundamentals of active matrix display operation, design and measurement.
- Experience in collaborating with the international display supply chain and subcontractors to specify and deliver the required display sub-systems.
- Ph.D. in physics, materials science, or engineering.
- Experience in designing and launching a high-volume, display-centric consumer electronics product.
- Experience in managing engineering teams of 3 or more.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel internationally.
Click here to apply for this position (you will be directed to the Amazon.com Career Website).
Liquavista, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies, is an equal opportunity employer.